Welcome!

If you're ready to start living by your own rules and blaze your own path to success and fulfillment, this blog has been created for you!

Enjoy the articles here, and for even more on these subjects (wealth and abundance, career and personal development, health and wellbeing, etc...basically, living a fantastic life on YOUR terms), visit:

BreathingProsperity.com

My Christmas Wish List

christmas-wish-list

Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, you have likely heard of the concept of making a list of things you want for Christmas. Traditionally, children make up a Christmas Wish List and send it to Santa Claus. It's a fun part of a child's Christmas and can also help parents to know what their little ones are really wishing for.

Now let's see if we can't translate this concept into the adult world, and use the idea to create our own Christmas Wish List. We can include both things for ourselves - in the vein of creating our realities as we would like to see them - and also to help others and remember that not everyone will be happy on Christmas Day. Many will miss far-away loved ones (such as those at war); many will pine for loves they have lost, and many will simply not have enough resources to fulfill their children's Christmas Wish Lists.

I love the song 'My Grown Up Christmas List,' especially as sung by our own (Canadian) Micheal Bublé, even though it is very schmultzy. In case you have not heard the song, it is - you guessed it - about a grown-up making a Christmas Wish List, and on this list, not for himself, 'but for a world in need,' are things like no more families torn apart, no more wars, and mended hearts. This year, I find it to be the perfect inspiration to create a Christmas Wish List of my own.

  • I wish that some day we will meet our sponsored child in Costa Rica, a beautiful young girl who we hope will grow into a thriving, happy woman. I wish that our kind Christmas wishes and sponsorship will help her through her tough times, and that she will go on to inspire herself and her peers.

  • I wish that my daughter will continue growing into a conscious, caring young adult and will share her spark and wisdom with her friends and with everyone she meets.

  • I wish for a beautiful, sparkling new Mercedes SL500 - had to throw that in there!

  • I wish create that more and more people are awakening to their potential to create their lives and that we all use this power with respect and for the good of all mankind. May we each enjoy the happiness and joy that comes with learning to control our destinies, within any belief system that brings us peace, comfort and a sense of endless possibility.

  • I wish that I will have the presence of mind to be patient and kind when my 'buttons' are pushed and that I will expand emotionally because of this intention.

  • I wish that anyone who is feeling sad, lonely, or desolate over the Holidays will somehow sense, perhaps for the first time, that they are not alone in this world. I wish that they will feel a small, thin but heart-warming connection with me and with all of us as humanity, and that they will be able to draw on that, to build on it, until they feel whole and happy once again.

  • I wish that my life and my words serve as something valuable to those who are witness, and I wish/intend to always be grateful for the faculties I enjoy - my brainpower, my eyesight, my computer, and so many other things to be thankful for.

  • I wish to appreciate and expand my friendships within the coming year.

  • I wish to experience clarity, wisdom, peace of mind and excitement as I journey through each new day. May I never miss an opportunity to grow and learn as I wander about life experiencing its many wonders.

  • I wish to continue traveling and visit more of the wondrous places on my 'to-visit' list, including Victoria Falls in Africa and Machu Picchu in Peru.

  • I wish for all of us to feel connected and to use that connection to mend the rifts in our world - to ensure all have enough to eat and drink, that all are protected from violence (if that protection is what they want from a higher perspective), that we heal our planet and that we all can follow our dreams.

May all of your dreams come true, and may 2009 be your best year yet!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna,
I hope you get to visit Victoria Falls and Machu Picchu. Those are on my list as well.

I love the energy of your blog. I'm glad I stumbled upon it!

Cheers,
Leigh

High_Life said...

Hi, Leigh;

Thanks for your comment and for stopping by. Somehow I didn't see this comment in here and just published it today.

I will DEFINITELY get to both those places if I have my way, and maybe I'll cross paths with you on our adventures! ;)

Have a fantastic year, Leigh.

Shauna

 
Add to Technorati Favorites